www.mooned.org - Why are you wasting your time here?
Having problems setting up Linux on a Compaq Armada 1700 laptop? Check out my installation notes.
Various Sites I Like
- Scripting.com - Dave's an interesting read, I used to use the free version of Frontier until I discovered Perl
- Perlmonks - Good place to learn about Perl
- Ars Technica, good tech oriented articles, (like Understanding Bandwidth and Latency)
- Anandtech, another good tech site
- HardOCP, more than you ever wanted to know about cooling
- Slashdot.org - Geek related newsbits and commentary
- Suck.com was what I'd read to start a day. Unfortunately, they've succumbed to the dot-bomb economy and there won't be anymore stories about crack-smoking giant canadian rabbits. The archives are still up but it's not quite the same.
- The Onion is the best newspaper online
- BBSpot - Student Suspended Over Suspected Use of PHP
- Perl. Camels, laziness, and hubris = A wierd and wonderful scripting language
- Webscription.net - SciFi/Fantasy books in soft format. It's mostly books from Baen, but it's still a deal if you like their stuff
- Bash.org - All the stupidity of irc without the wait
- Weblog of Bruce Schneier - Interesting security/cryptography bits
- My Green Hell - The blog of my hermano Bean. Beware, don’t drink while reading his blog, you may ruin your keyboard. You have been warned.
- Maggie West - This is the blog of Bean's (un?)fortunate love. Bean does a good job playing Beast to Maggie as Beauty.
- Sharpenolog - How to sharpen your pointy things
- The Pioneer Woman blog
- Longsword Fighting
If you're not into computers, perhaps you'd like to see some pictures of family?